$1000 for 60 minutes of live music
$1500 for 120 minutes of live music
$1800 for 180 minutes of live music
$2000 for 240 minutes of live music
* Sean is somewhat flexible with the pricing, contact him and let him know your budget!
* 1st-hour price fully covers setup and breakdown of all equipment on the day of the event, plus the correspondence and administrative portion prior to the event.
* Prices include sound system.
* Prices include 4.712% Hawaii state tax.
* 50% non-refundable deposit due at time of booking.
* If the client instead pays in full when initially booking, the full price will be reduced by 5%.
* All forms of payment accepted.
* Additional hours beyond 4 are available (contact for a full quote).
* Any additional time added during the day of the event (rather than agreed upon prior when signing the contract) will be calculated at Sean's $500/hour rate.
*The hourly rate is based on when Sean first starts playing and cannot be broken up into smaller segments across the event. There is no additional charge for setup and breakdown time as mentioned above.
Sean Cleland is a 3-time Na Hoku award-winning recording artist and performer based out of Honolulu, Hawai’i. Beyond his full band studio recordings, he regularly performs as a one-man looping experience, layering all the elements of a song (drums, bass, guitar, keyboards, vocals) in a single performance. Blending together a hooky pop-songwriting aesthetic with the raw emotion of his electric guitar, Sean traverses and synthesizes the frenetic passion of rock and blues with the sultry sounds of r&b, jazz, and soul.
3-time Na Hoku Hanohano Award Winner for “Alternative Album of the Year” (2019, 2021, 2022)
— Hawaii Academy of Recording Arts
“Innovative singer-songwriter and prolific performer plays pop, rock, and soul.”
— Honolulu Star-Advertiser
- 5 stars on Yelp, The Knot, and Wedding Wire.
- Award-winning artist: 3-time (2019, 2021, 2022) Na Hoku Hanohano Award winner (Hawaii's state-wide equivalent of the Grammy awarded by the Hawaii Academy of Recording Arts).
- Looping performance, allowing a solo act to sound like a full band (much more affordable price than hiring multiple musicians).
- Years of professional performance experience, with an average of 5-6 performances every week (over 300 performances a year).
- Professional, reliable, and friendly communication prior, during, and after your event.
- Flexible scheduling.
- Conveniently located in Hawaii Kai, with access to all of Oahu. Available for other HI islands, other U.S. states, and international events as well.
- A setlist spanning many eras and styles of music (rock, blues, pop, r&b, jazz, funk, folk, singer-songwriter, etc.)
* Residency Gig Cancellation Fee: $200
* Destination Fee (any event beyond 30 miles from Hawaii Kai area): $100
* Outer Island Fee (Big Island, Maui, Kauai) (covers airfare, additional luggage, hotel, car rental, travel expenses): $1000
* Please call for destination fees for events on the Mainland U.S. or International.
* Rates apply to private events only, please call for venue gig/residency rates.
What is Sean's set like?
Sean's solo performance features a completely live (zero pre-recorded material) looping performance of vocals, guitar, bass, keyboards, and sampled drums. He offers a fuller sounding experience than a single performer with just an acoustic guitar. Within one song, you will hear singing, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, keyboard, bass guitar, and drums (and Sean's hourly rate is much more affordable than a comparable trio, quartet, or quintet). Sean can play a selection of covers and originals.